Construction of the Lumberton sawmill continues. This series of up-to-date photos show buildings across the footprint are starting to take shape.
Some of the updates for this month include:
- Site preparation (excluding utilities) is about 98% completed, including earthwork and soil cement.
- Concrete is moving forward on schedule with some delays due to weather
- Significant progress has been made on the process of erecting the lumber warehouse and sorter buildings. Roofing has started on the finished lumber warehouse and the sorter building. Siding will be the next item to go up.
The sawline floor steel is going up and teams are prepping to pour Q-deck (Concrete flooring)
- Sawmill Equipment, buildings, and Kiln 1 materials continues to show up daily.
- Sub-steel progress continues on the sawline and trimline.
- Kiln 1 & 2 structural concrete is completed
- Kiln 3 concrete has started and should be completed by the middle of October
- Three chain concrete transfer pads have been poured between kilns 2 & 3
Our Central Fab team in Athol, Idaho is meeting schedule and working on a handful of projects that will help tie together the construction underway at the Lumberton site including:
- Kiln carts and Kiln weights
- End of arm tooling for automation pick and place systems
Next steps on site include:
- Continuing concrete implementation on Kiln 3
- Continued torquing and welding on sub steel
- Continued trimline support steel erection and sawline flooring structural steel
- Continued roofing, insulation, siding, and fire suppression on the sorter main building and finished lumber warehouse
- Continued implementation of Fire Main and underground utilities