We’ve got some exciting progress happening at our Lumberton mill site. We’re also happy to report that our team continues to meet and exceed timelines for completing projects on schedule.
August updates include:
- The finished lumber warehouse is roughly 65% complete and the sorter building is about 15% complete.
- The next steps include adding siding and roofing the buildings.
- Structural Steel work has been completed on the Canter line, including the stem deck, debarker, merchandiser, and log sort.
- The Sawline building frames are on site and the contractor has started the layout of the materials in preparation for erecting the building.
- The residual conveyor equipment for the log infeed, debarker, merchandiser, log sort, and sawline has shown up on site.
IFG’s Central Fabrication Shop
- Our Central Fab team in Athol, Idaho, is working on a variety of projects that will help tie together the construction underway at the Lumberton mill site.
- The CFS crew is currently working on our material handling 3-chain transfer, kiln carts and weights, and end of arm tooling for our automation pick and place systems.
- Equipment that has been outsourced for this project includes kiln pushers, turntable transfers, finished lumber warehouse 2-chain transfers, and the package transfer lifter assemblies.