It’s exciting to see the progress being made at our new mill site and base of operations in the South. When finished, this new advanced manufacturing facility will produce a variety of wood products using timber harvested from the region’s abundant southern yellow pine forests. We also anticipate employing up to 135 new IFG team members.
Here’s a quick rundown of the latest construction and project milestones at the site:
- Vertical work is underway on the canter line piers, and in coming days crews will remove forms from a series of additional piers.
- Concrete foundations have also been started on the sawmill trim line.
- Crews are on tracking on schedule for the steel framing of the log infeed unit.
- Work is expected to begin soon on the steel framing for the debarking building.
- More than 20,000 square feet of concrete has been poured so far for the log yard gantry rail foundation, and crews are prepping rebar for another pour.
Additionally, crews have poured more than 20,000 square feet of concrete for our new goods warehouse. Multiple trucks daily are hauling in soil to help prepare the site overall, and we’re in the early phases of installing utilities and communications infrastructure.